Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A good day.

Yesterday was such a great day. Sorry no pictures. My mom and sister Holly and kids came
down and we had a ton of fun. We made hair bows cut vinyl and took about 1000 kids out to eat. My sister Tiff even came by for awhile. We had a ton fun. Thanks so much for coming.

Then last night a knock at the door. It was our bishop and one of his counselors just coming by to say hi. I love when they come by and the spirit that they bring into our home while they are here. Our Bishop I'm sure being inspired told us about this article in the Ensign and wanted us to read it. As we crawled in to bed last night I read it to Jason. It's funny how it was what I was really needed to read. It was what I was searching for. It is a wonderful article by Jeffrey Holland. I encourage you all to find it and read it. I have been sitting here the last few weeks wondering about the new year and what it is to bring. I know that we have had a hard year. But we have had such great things happen to us that they out weigh all the bad. As this new year approaches I will look back and think of all the great blessing we have received this year. I will know what better people we are because of the trials we have faced, and be thankful for them. I will look to the future and think of all the great things that are going to happen this year.
A few things I'm looking forward to is a week at Disneyland in Feb with the kids. Then in March off to Cozumel for a week with Jason. Then in July we are taking off to Nauvoo. Can't decide yet if we are taking the kids or just us yet. We never go any where so we are pretty excited. Baxter receives the Priest stood in Feb. A lot more family temple work to be done. And Hopefully Jason will return to the floor again as a Fireman. He is getting stronger every day and feeling better. I'm slowly learning to not dwell on the past and to live for today. I have such wonderful sweet kids and a wonderful husband that is so good to me. We both have such wonderful family's. We have great friends and a great Bishop and ward that we just love. A store down the road with all the chocolate I can eat. What else do you need. I think so many times it is so easy to see all the bad. That when you look right in front of you, there is so much good, your just refusing to see it.

Here is a little part of that talk that I really liked. Keep your eyes on your dreams, however distant and far away. Live to see the miracles of repentance and forgiveness, of trust and divine love that will transform your life today, Tomorrow, and forever. Here is to a new year I hope and wish everyone a wonderful new Year.

3 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

oh awesome! i love days like that!
and what fun vacations you have coming up this new year!! disneyland, the beach, and church history...doesn't get better than that!! can't wait to see you guys tomorrow night!!

sandy said...

What a beautiful Blog I am so proud of all of you in your Family and love you all so much. I'm so proud of how great you have stood out ahead of your trials.

Tricia said...

Heidi...You and your family are such an inspiration!