Friday, March 19, 2010

Just have a little faith




Spencer W Kimball said
“It is easy to get discouraged. It is easy to quit but you mustn’t fail.


I used this in a talk I gave a few weeks ago. I think sometimes I need to listen to my own advice. So lets go back to Wednesday. I had already had a super busy week. Bridger had been throwing up all night. I had a full plate for Wed. I was still looking for a baby sitter for all day Thursday. I come home on Wednesday night from young Women's a little discouraged. I had a sick kid, 2000 or more things to do before we leave sat morning and I knew I was going to be gone the next day to the temple. I called Jason and said I was pretty discouraged. I knew there was just no way I could do everything. He said have a little faith. I said back to him I'm done having faith. Probably not the best thing to say. Well I sat there and felt there is just is no way I can do the temple tomorrow. I have way to much. I knew what the right thing was to do. I knew if I did it then everything would just fall into place. Even know I was still having a very bad attitude with going. So there I sat it was 11:00 pm. and I began to start writing out all the notes and schedules for Stef. For this coming week. I glazed up at the clock and there it was 1:00 in the morning. Getting a little frustrated. I started going threw all my family temples names and finding a few more. I finally went to bed at 3:00 only to get up two hours latter to get ready and get the kids out of the house. I drove down to Vegas a lot starry eyed to pick up Jason at his station. And we got to the temple about 8:oo. I was still just racing threw my mind all the things I needed to do. We had such a great experience at the temple. We did about 30 family names with the help of many of our ward members. We also got to have Baxter brought down in the evening for Baptisms for the dead. It was his first time and he had a blast. It was a great day. I'm so happy I went. I love spending the whole day there. We were there from 8:00am to 9:00pm. I love the spirit that is there. I know it is so easy to get discouraged. I know if we always chose the right thing to do it will always benefit us in the end. I got up this morning with those 2,000 things to do and guess what I got them all accomplished before noon. What I've learned this week. I need to have a lot more faith in my husband when he tells me "it's going to be OK" and a lot more faith in Heavenly Father that he will take care of us if we are tiring to do the right thing.


Well we our off as of 3:00 in the morning for our cruise. We our planning on having a blast. I may update while we our gone but I guess I'll see how much fun we our having

2 comments:

Hopie said...

Thanks for pretty much bearing your testimony on faith. I, like you, need those reminders quite frequently!!!! Have fun on your cruise!!!

sandy said...

that was beaurtiful and so true. Thanks! Have a wonderful trip.